Monday 25 May 2009

The Breakthrough.

I'm really happy to be able to tell you all that i have found myself a great theatre company that are willing to let me become a member! 
Questors theatre company in ealing is the only name on my lips at the moment. And before i write more i have to thank two people especially, my mum, as she brought the company to my attention and had been encouraging me to go to their Wednesday open evenings basically since i moved to london lol, and moose who went with me Wednesday night just gone, and basically dragged me in as i almost chickened out. 

It was great, every wednesday they have open evenings where they'll show you around and buy you a drink at their bar. So me and moose show up and we are the only two so maggie showed us around. It was really nice to get a personal tour, i was able to speak to her, ask questions, and let her know just how interested i really am. 

I fell in love with the place almost straight away. I mean, they have their own bar, what's not to love?! And a nice area out front that seems to serve as a good beer garden too. 
There are two theatre spaces, the Studio and and Playhouse, both lovely, really adaptable spaces that made my mouth water as soon as we walked in. 
They have a huge workshop where they make all their set, they have equipment, and a paint-shop! And a decent sized costume store. 

Basically a theatre company that are decently equipped! So i said where do i sign up! 

Seeing my excitement and willingness to be involved maggie told me that the stage manager jane was looking for some more help so long story short she introduced me and jane gave me a script to Les Liasions Dangerereus and said come along to fridays rehearsal! 
I was terrified lol. But according to moose i was glowing with happiness :-)












   

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of luck and happiness in your new theatre - break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. take a look at my latest post to see how much your mum spoiled me on my birthday last week - she is a love! xx

    ReplyDelete