Thursday 31 December 2009

On the eve of the new year.

Evening all.
Are we all sitting comfortably? Ready for what 2010 may bring?
Personally, ive been ready and waiting for the new year since christmas.
Got all my brand new shiny resolutions ready and waiting, and have implemented some already. I figure once you know what you want out of a year why wait?
I am no longer gonna let things creep up on me unawares. Organisation is the key.
And im going to be less selfish, i am going to think of others, not just myself.
I start this year with more family for one thing. I have cousins, my brother, my soon to be sister-in-law :-), my nephew and my gran!
:-) :-) :-)
So i think having all this to look forward to means that i can have a relaxed and chilled out New Years Eve.
I realised earlier that not being at home (in Cornwall) feels very weird, and i was very down about it for most of the afternoon. It didn't help that my friends had bailed on me, although i don't blame them for wanting a quieter night.
In the end i had a quiet night too and it was really nice. I had loads of food, films, and rang round my suddenly extended family. Near midnight i got a call from my auntie in yorkshire and about 15 people shouted 'Happy New Year' down the phone to me. Lol.
...
But next year (or should i say this year) i think im gonna try and book it off work.

1 comment: