Monday 2 February 2009

Snow Day!

I woke up this morning to a white city :-) there was a snow drift on my window sill lol and everything was white.



I first waked along portobello road as how could i possibly stay indoors?



I found that snow is also a good converstaion starter and i was sliping and sliding down the street i chatted to a few people.

I also joined in a snow ball fight :-) there were three guys throwing snow balls at each other from accross the road, so i got a big snowball together and offered it to the guy nearest me. He instructed me to throw it at a guy on the other side of the road, i grinned at him, carried on walking, then when i had passed him i turned around and through it at the first guy! Course i then was pelted with snowballs from all three guys but oh well :-) was fun :-)



Also on my ramble i discovered a deplorable lack of snowmen, so i built three small ones in various places to make up for this.



The highlight of the day though was definately going to kensignton park gardens. I think half the local population had had the same thought too. Everywhere looked there were people building snowmen, some small and some bigger than me! There was also the coolest thing EVER...a snow sofa! It was amazing, i kinda stumbled accross it and stood in awe before trying it out. And i mst say, it was very comfy. The creators had kindly left cusions on it for people, and as you can imagine, the world and his wife were having their photo taken on it.



I found the nice pond in the garden and to my surprise, all the swans were standing round on the bank, i wondered if maybe the water was too cold. Beautiful creatures. I sat on a bench and read my book for a while, and watched them.



On my way back i saw people building an igloo! They've probably finished it by now.


Gotta say, walking in the snow in shoes with less than brilliant grip is not easy, felt more like a work out for my legs than a walk. Hot chocolate now i think, then more snow tomorrow! :-D

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wish I'd been there. Venturing out of our front door was dicing with death due to complete lack of grit or salt from the council.

    The sofa sounds totally fab! And an igloo ... Plus you got yo try out a novel chat up technique on those guys.

    ReplyDelete